Working as a Team Manager
It appears that 3 out of 7 Team Managers preferred translation over management tasks. Most of them considered the terminology work as the most difficult task, although some rather pointed out the difficulty of handling different tasks at the same time. Most reported problems concerned terminological, communication and network issues.
A number of Team Managers pointed out the presence of typos and problems with the layout of the source texts. Even though they all found the subject difficult and very technical, they seem to have appreciated working on unfamiliar topics.
% of Team Manager whose team was up their expectations – 100% % of Team Manager whose Project Manager was up their expectations – 100%
- Every Team Manager appeared to be satisfied with their team. Even though some isolated cases whose skills were below expectations were mentioned.Some others pointed out a certain stress that was eventually overcome.
- They were all satisfied with the work produced by their Project Managers who proved to be very efficient and hard-working.Some of the Team Managers also contributed to the management tasks.
% of satisfaction with the results of the terminology work – 72% % of Team Managers who considered the terminology work helpful for the translation – 81% % of Team Manager who negotiated with the Project Manager – 80% % of Team Manager satisfied with the negotiations – 37%
- Most Team Managers felt like they were thrown off balance, which was probably intentional since the clients were their teachers trying to get them ready to face any situation.
- However, they quickly received an answer to most of their questions and therefore appreciated the reactivity of the clients.
% of self-satisfaction with the quality of the work Team Managers produced – 75% % of satisfaction with the quality of the work their team produced – 83% On average, how satisfied were they with the relations with other members of the team? – 94% On average, how satisfied were they with the relations with the Project Manager? – 90% On average, how satisfied were they with the collaboration between their agency and the agency in the Partner University? – 77%
- Most Team Managers would have appreciated to have further information about the way their partners work.